Friday, January 27, 2012

Recovering…Another Step Forward

I am making progress and moving towards going home from the hospital! I have gotten both IVs removed, so pain meds and antibiotics are strictly pills now. I got to have my catheter taken out, got a sponge bath, put on my own pj’s, stand up and walk to the bathroom – and sit in a chair! Who knew that could be so exciting? :) I also got to see Stella – my mom and the babysitter brought her up to my hospital room yesterday for a visit. Yippee!! It was totally the highlight of my day. Today I got to take a real shower, and put on my own real clothes. The surgeon said I may be able to go home tonight or tomorrow.

So my thought for the day is this (it’s not about getting mammograms this time) – it’s to make sure to live life to the fullest, because you never know what’s in store ahead. Hug and kiss your children every day, and tell your family and friends you love them. Even if we all lived to be 100, life is short and precious and should never be taken for granted. Appreciate the loved ones in your life, and let them know every day. Schnookems, you are my world and I couldn't have made this through this nightmare without you, and Stella, even though you won't remember this, you are the one and only other love of my life. Mom, Martin, and Ryan, thanks for always being there for me, and Dad, for all your support. Tracey and Caitlin, I can't wait to see you tomorrow. Blaire, Angele, Tiffany, Mandy, and Ashley - thank you so much for your visits, and EVERYONE thanks for your messages, notes, calls, and texts, you all mean the world to me.

1 comment:

Nelly Kane-Macias, SPHR said...

I hugged Sofia extra tight today for a little longer than usual after I read your entry. In the midst of your suffering you are blessing others with your positivity.