Friday, January 27, 2012

All Clear!!!

I realize this is my second update today - but I just received the BEST news possible and there's no way I couldn't share it. My breast cancer surgeon's partner, Dr. G., just came by my hospital room to tell me she just got my pathology results back from my mastectomy on Wednesday. There was not ONE cancer cell in ANY of the tissue they removed during surgery - which means that Dr. B. got it ALL when he removed the original lump in December!!! They still believe it was the right decision for me to have done the bilateral mastectomy, because of the gene I carry and the risk of recurrence, but this is the best news we could have possibly hoped for!!! Hallelujah!!

I have no photos or illustrations to demonstrate my excitement - but I'm sure you understand. I will still have to undergo chemo, in case any straggler cells escaped into my bloodstream - it will be the best prevention of it ever coming back - but for now I am just absolutely thrilled. I will have to stay at the hospital through tomorrow because of a low grade fever I've had today - but that is the least of my concerns. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!!

9 comments:

The Bases said...

That is awesome news Alli! I am so glad to hear you are on your way to healing!

Jean Brodie said...

Allison, I just checked in to see how you're doing. Wow, what wonderful news! So happy for you. You know you are blessed. Hope the pain continues to subside. Always in my prayers. This is just awesome! Jean Brodie

eek said...

So so happy for you and your family! All the best for a speedy recovery! oxox

Kathryn Morris said...

So excited!!!!

MeaganMusing said...

So happy to hear this great news Alli!

Nelly Kane-Macias, SPHR said...

Praise God!

Anonymous said...

Wow that is fantastic news!!!

Dorian Romero said...

This is really awesome news!!! Thank you so much for keeping us all in the loop. Hope the rest of your hospital stay goes fast and you get home soon. Sending our love!

Debbi Jo said...

Amazing! I'm so happy for you! So much love to all of your family!!!