Friday, March 9, 2012

Top 10 Benefits of Not Having Hair

10. I don’t have to waste 5 seconds pulling my hair back with a clip to wash my face anymore!

9. I save time getting ready in the morning by not having to fix my hair.

8. It’s not shedding everywhere anymore.

7. It will not blow in my face if I roll down the windows in the car!

6. I have lots of pretty scarves now. And 3 different wigs to choose from! Who do I want to be today?

5. I’ll save money on shampoo, hairspray, and electricity (hair dryer)!

4. Stella learned a new word: hat!

3. The lady who cut it all off at the salon said I look like GI Jane (1997 Demi Moore movie). (I’m sure she tells everyone that!)

2. Stella won’t remember this – and still recognizes and loves me.

1. Ben says I am beautiful no matter what! (and I’m doing my best to believe him!)

I’m just grateful this is only temporary. As my uncle says – my hair will grow back – his won’t! It should start coming back when I finish chemo, which should be the end of June. The countdown’s on!

8 comments:

Dorian Romero said...

Alli,
I L-O-V-E, love the new look!!! And I love your top 10 list too! In my opinion, the number one, and number two reasons are the absolute best! Thinking of you,
Dorian

Nancy said...

I think you should add to your list that it shows off your beautiful smile even more!! Lot's of love to you!

Anonymous said...

Allison:
Ben is right, you are beautiful! You are also beautiful on the inside. Yes, breast cancer has changed your life forever however it is obvious that
you have a greater understanding,
appreciation and love for life that many will never experience. Keep fighting .......I'm still fighting 17 years and counting!
All my love and prayers to you, Ben and Stella.
Carmelita

The Pink 1 said...

You go girl! It sucks but you're right it's only temporary and better than the alternative right?! Besides you'd have to get past your dimpled smile to notice :)

Alli Parkey said...

Thank you all so much - you all are the best and so sweet to take the time to leave such encouraging comments here, thank you!! :)
xoxoxo Alli

Anonymous said...

I love your Top 10 Benefits and hope you will consider publishing a book about your journey. You are an inspiration to soooooo many!

I just bought a book this morning that was advertised in the DMN yesterday. It just so happens the author's Oncology Breast Surgeon is also my Dr. (Dr. Michael Grant at Baylor on Gaston) The title of her book is The Blessings & Bling by Dr. Sheron C. Patterson.

I've glanced through it but my heart is telling me your story would be a best seller because of the way you share! Think about it.

BTW.........You look Beautiful and I guess I never realized before just how precious your dimple was!!!

God Bless +
Kathy

Anonymous said...

I think you look beautiful!!!

XOXO- Angele

Alli Parkey said...

Thank you Kathy - I will look into that book! Appreciate the encouragement so much! And thanks Angele! Great seeing you today! xoxo Alli