Sunday, February 5, 2012

I'm Gonna Love You Through It

My friend Meredith just passed along one of the most moving videos I've ever seen. It's a Martina McBride song called "I'm Gonna Love You Through It," about not only surviving cancer, but how it affects all of the family and friends around the person fighting for her life. It totally made me bawl, but in a good way - I needed that. I never realized how many friends I had until I went through this, and suddenly everyone is coming out of the woodwork to show their support and help Ben and me through this journey. I will never be able to convey to you all - my family, friends, and supporters, how much you have helped me down this road, but I will be eternally grateful. Please take a minute and watch this if you have time (scroll down a little and just hit play on the video - it may not work on your phone so try it on an actual computer).

http://www.theboot.com/2011/08/18/martina-mcbride-im-gonna-love-you-through-it-new-video/

Besides the obvious thing that I want to come out of this - creating awareness so that no one else has to go through this awful, scary experience, I also want to help anyone who does have to go through it to catch it early - it can make all the difference in the world in your prognosis. Last but definitely not least, I am looking forward to being able to pay it forward, whether it's taking meals, caring for children, supporting the spouses, or bringing special pillows and blankets - whatever it is they need - to anyone who does have to fight breast cancer too.

No comments: